I’m glad to announce the new release of Lookup Field with Picker. Lookup Field with Picker allows you to select list items from a lookup list via a searchable and configurable picker dialog.
- NEW Cross site picking
- Single- and multi-Selection Mode
- Search in picker dialog
- Search Operators: equals, not equal, contains, begins with, greater than, greater or equal than, less than, less or equal than.
- Select fields you would like to search for.
- Relationship behaviors
- Supports default values (constants, current user id and default values by url param, useful for 1-n scenarios) must be configured via PowerShell
- Languages: English, German
- Delivered as SharePoint Solution Package (WSP)
- Document Information Panel
- Data Sheet Views
- SharePoint Foundation 2010
Install Lookup Field with Picker with the following commands within the SharePoint Management Shell:
- Add-SPSolution "C:\Install\iLoveSharePoint.Fields.LookupFieldWithPicker.wsp"
- Install-SPSolution ilovesharepoint.fields.lookupfieldwithpicker.wsp -WebApplication http://myserver –GACDeployment
Add Lookup Field with Picker
You can add a Lookup Field with Picker column either to a list or a content type.
Configure Lookup Field with Picker
Select the source site, list and column of the lookup.
Select the columns that you want to use for search in picker dialog.
Select the additional columns that you want to show in the target list.
Choose whether multiple values are allowed or not and what should be happen when the picked item is being deleted. The relationship behaviors “restrict delete” and “cascade delete” are only supported for the single lookup mode (Known Issue: When you choose multiple values and select any other relationship behavior than “none” an exception will be thrown).
Open the picker dialog (or enter a value and resolve the entity with the first button)
Find a and select item(s) within the picker dialog.